FILE PHOTO: Italo Ferreira and Gabriel Medina from Brazil are seen during the WSL championship at Supertubo beach in Peniche, Portugal October 20, 2018. REUTERS/Pedro Nunes/File Photo
(Reuters) – The World Surfing League extended the postponement of events through June because of the COVID-19 pandemic, chief executive officer Erik Logan said on Tuesday, while at the same time announcing a major overhaul for future tours.
“As frustrating as it is, at this point the status of the 2020 Championship Tour and all of our (other) events is still unknown but we will work with all authorities on the possibility of returning to the line-up,” Logan said in a video message.
“Prior to COVID-19 we had been working very hard on how we would evolve the Championship Tour and the more we worked on this transformation, it became clear that this pause due to COVID allows us to accelerate these changes.”
Logan said last year’s end to the season, where Brazilians Italo Ferreira and Gabriel…
Source news reuters.com, click here to read the full news.