(Reuters) – As cases ballooned in Europe, the new epicenter of the coronavirus, several countries imposed new restrictions to try to curb the spread. California and three other U.S. states directed tens of millions of people to stay at home.
* More than 274,800 people have been infected across the world and 11,389 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
* For an interactive graphic tracking global spread: open tmsnrt.rs/3aIRuz7 in an external browser
* Italy imposed further draconian restrictions on public life on Friday. The death toll in Italy leapt by 627 to 4,032, an increase of 18.4% – by far the largest daily rise in absolute terms since the contagion emerged a month ago.
* Prime Minister Boris Johnson ordered pubs, restaurants, theaters, cinemas and gyms to shut their doors.
* Spain said it would turn a Madrid conference center into a giant military hospital, as Europe’s second-worst outbreak claimed another 235 lives.
* France reported 78 new…
Source news reuters.com, click here to read the full news.