(Reuters) – Major sports events around the world that are in the process of re-starting or which have been rescheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
FILE PHOTO: A woman wearing a protective face mask, following an outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), walks past the Olympic rings in front of the Japan Olympics Museum, in Tokyo, Japan March 30, 2020. REUTERS/Issei Kato/File Photo
For an overview of the state of play in Europe’s soccer leagues amid the coronavirus outbreak click here:
* Major League Soccer players returned to voluntary training on May 6.
* The 2020 K-League season kicked off on May 8 behind closed doors.
* Euro 2020 and Copa America were postponed. The two tournaments will now be staged from June 11 to July 11, 2021.
* The Euro 2021 Women’s Championship has been pushed back to July 6-31, 2022.
* Asian Champions League: The start of the knockout rounds was moved back to September.
* The Chinese Football Association (CFA) has drawn up three plans to…
Source news reuters.com, click here to read the full news.