(Reuters) – Major sports events around the world that have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic:
* The postponed Olympic Games will now begin on July 23, 2021 and run until Aug. 8.
* World Athletics has suspended Olympic qualification until December.
The postponed Paralympic Games will run from Aug. 24-Sep. 5, 2021.
* U.S. trials for wrestling (April 4-5) were postponed.
* U.S. Rowing postponed its team trials.
* U.S. diving trials (April 3-5) were postponed. All USA Diving events postponed for next 30 days.
* The 2021 World Games have been pushed back by a year to avoid clashing with the Tokyo Olympics.
COURT OF ARBITRATION FOR SPORT
* The Court of Arbitration for Sport said all cases were being put on hold until May. No in-person hearings will be held before May 1.
* The NBA suspended its season.
* The NHL suspended its season.
* The MLB further delayed its 2020 season’s opening day of March 26 after CDC calls for…
Source news reuters.com, click here to read the full news.