FILE PHOTO: Boxing – Cardiff, Britain – September 11, 2017 Anthony Joshua and Kubrat Pulev pose with promoter Eddie Hearn during a press conference Action Images via Reuters/Andrew Couldridge/File Photo
(Reuters) – The IBF’s mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev said he will donate half of his purse from the world heavyweight title fight against Briton Anthony Joshua to help medical workers fight the “devilish” coronavirus.
The 38-year-old Bulgarian is expected to earn around $5 million from the fight, which has been postponed due to the pandemic, having originally been scheduled for June 20 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
“I will donate 50% of the money I earn from the match with Joshua to the tireless heroes in the fight against the coronavirus,” Pulev told German daily Bild on Sunday.
“I will give doctors, nurses and hospitals the necessary equipment to deal with this devilish virus.”
Last month Pulev said the fight would take place “toward the end of…
Source news reuters.com, click here to read the full news.